[pianotech] Capo Bar

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 29 15:39:24 MDT 2011

Tony,

It is done with heat - case hardening, in effect.

Not something to be taken lightly.  Much damage can be done if one just
takes a torch to it!

You might check with Yamaha with the serial number.  This piano may already
have hardened capo bars.  In my experience softer capos do not necessarily
mean buzzing noises.  Badly shaped bearing surfaces can lead to buzzing over
time, and excessively long front duplex lengths with a low string angle can
be very noisy from duplex noise.

Don Mannino