[pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:30:39 MDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Encore Pianos
<encorepianos at metrocast.net>wrote:

> .... I sent Ron Berry a post
> this morning encouraging him to read all the posts to this thread and
> comment to us.

>From what Ron B has mentioned, he was never part of this debacle until the
cleanup effort began, er, is still ongoing ... at least I hope it's ongoing.

> Further, I asked that he forward my post to all others who
> were part of the committee that established the new system and ask for them
> to read all the postings and respond to the Pianotech Forum readers who are
> so eloquently expressing their concern.  It is my hope that they will read
> all of them entirely in a receptive mode where they are actually hearing
> what we have to say.
>
> I hope they will not remain silent and indifferent to the destruction of
> our
> precious resource.

Good luck on that. Some of them have had a number of opportunities to read
the negatives reviews. It looks as if they were shrugged off; however, there
might be more to it.

I contacted my RVP some weeks ago and received no hope that things will
change. This was a top-down decision by the Executive Board, like it or lump
it. So we're currently lumping it.  I still think PTG members ought to at
least email their RVP before Council, or corner them at the convention.

It almost seems that if changes are to be made, it'll have to be a
near-revolt. Stuff like this makes me really, really wonder about my dues
and what other crap may have been bought. We might have to start doing some
flushing....

<no smiley faces neither>

--
John Formsma, RPT