[pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Wed Jun 29 01:23:18 MDT 2011

Well, it certainly does seem like the subject should be brought up. There is
more dissatisfaction over this issue than just about anything else I can
remember. However noble the motivations the execution has been somewhat less
than successful or popular among those who were actually using the list.

I have tried using the new system but have always given up in disgust before
actually posting anything. I'm sure this is partly due to my lack of
advanced computer skills. Still, I do participate on other forums without
encountering quite the learning hurdles this new list presents.

Since I'm not yet active on the new list I don't know just how many of the
users of the old list have migrated over, but I'm guessing it isn't all that
many. Nor do I know what the critical mass of such systems might be; that
is, the minimum number of active users it takes to keep a list active and
vital but I also suspect that the new list is some on the low side.

I'm not sure a proposal is required to make this an item of discussion under
new business. And I do think it should be brought up sooner rather than
later.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA

Phone  360.515.0119 - Cell  360.388.6525

 <mailto:del at fandrichpiano.com> del at fandrichpiano.com -
<mailto:ddfandrich at gmail.com> ddfandrich at gmail.com