[pianotech] Soundboard Analysis

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Jun 22 19:03:19 MDT 2011

Hi Will,
Your message came through here on the old list.
I have not as yet changed to the new format.
Sort of refreshing to not have over 100 posts to read every day >g<
 What was the cost of the Reveley gauge?
I am dealing with a 1931 S&S 'B' That has a 5 second sustain on C4
Nice crown above the C5 but flat as a pancake in the tenor.
As measured with my string level, so not very precise.
Local Boise dealer thinks that it is a voicing issue.
New Hammers and wips (not S&S) so I am a little leery of their advice.
Wish we had a good second opinion near us.

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com