[pianotech] Bass dampers

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:33:19 MDT 2011

Puget Sound Chapter replaced a set on a console piano a couple of years ago.
It WAS challenging! I would recommend removing the hammers - It makes things
much easier. We pre-bent the wires like Wim suggests, by comparing to the
originals and making a little template on a card to compare.

Using the dowel heads is supposed to be easier because you can simply rotate
the damper to the proper angle without bending the wire (you still have to
bend to line the dowel up with the strings, of course!).

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter