[pianotech] Hermann Mayr

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Jun 8 23:07:49 MDT 2011

Thanks, David...

Since they were less than a mile away from my house I stopped by there this afternoon and took a look at it.  It was a Chinese knockoff circa 1980's.  They must have just reused the name. It wasn't pretty.  The cabinet was very nice, however, that was all. Really poor craftsmanship on the inside, sticking keys everywhere, loose tuning pins, etc.  It had a previous mouse problem which was cleaned up, but lots of felt was missing throughout, key height was all over the place, hammers had some black residue all over the tops, etc.  They are opting to look elsewhere.  The money they would have to put into it to make it playable was just not worth it.

I'll keep in mind the email option.  That's not a bad idea.

Thanks again,

Rob