[pianotech] Suggestions for sticking dampers

Jlmatt at aol.com Jlmatt at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 20:50:32 MDT 2011

Marty,
Have you checked the sostenuto rod? sometimes it's so  close to the tabs
that even without pressing the  pedal the tabs brush against it when the
dampers are on their way down  and  it keeps them hanging. I encountered a
situation like  that yesterday.   I bent the rod outward a little and that solved
the  problem. That  piano is constantly subjected to big temperature
changes, so  I think that when it gets hot the brass rod expands and has to bow one
way or  the other.

Jean-Luc Matton, RPT
Albuquerque NM

In a message dated 6/5/2011 4:35:54 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,