[pianotech] Suggestions for sticking dampers

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Sun Jun 5 01:27:15 MDT 2011

Hi, Tom,

At 12:08 AM 6/5/2011, you wrote:
>Marty, I second Wim's suggestion. Use the wire bending pliers that
>are made for that job.
>
>  And also, remove the entire damper lever.  The back flange pin is
> sometimes too tight for lubrication to work.

Right.

>  Besides, isn't that a teflon piano?

It should be; in which case the DC system isn't going to be of much
help.  With the right tools and supplies, repinning the teflon isn't
all that hard.  If they won't go for a DC system, they're probably
not going to be interested in a new back action, so just roll up your
sleeves and get to it!

Best.

Horace