[pianotech] Horse and buggy users.

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Jul 20 10:07:49 MDT 2011

No, Ron,

You are not being told to "shut up and go away" as you put it.  That is your
interpretation, not the general implication.  To suggest that "we have all
understood this from the very first day" is very far from the truth.  I
certainly didn't, and there are many who still don't.

No one is reassuring you that, "everything except what we are concerned with
is working fine."  What we (I include myself in that number now) are trying
to tell you is that we recognize there are shortcomings with the "new" list
and the concerns are not being ignored.  Simply because they are not
happening fast enough for you and others does not make it true that you are
being ignored.  And please do not suggest that derogatory comments such as
those you've quoted are being issued by everyone who wants to move forward
with the new system.  Most of us are moving forward without being
condescending.  Please stop focusing on those who are.  It's lose, lose, you
know that.

I haven't seen the answers as "rah, rah" though you obviously have.  Again,
don't think that slow response is ignoring you and others.  You may choose
to believe that your constructive suggestions are being ignored since they
are not yet fixed, but that is simply not true.  I would suggest there is at
least as much negative (truthfully, much more) "rah, rah" on the part of
those who are dissatisfied, or unwilling to change.  Some of your
suggestions are constructive, and if they were presented without the vitriol
it would be far more helpful.

William R. Monroe