[pianotech] Clicking noise in Acrosonic

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 28 21:03:21 MST 2011

On 2/28/2011 9:42 PM, John Formsma wrote:
> All the usual suspects were eliminated, so I'm stumped ... unless it's
> Corfam. (Which I haven't yet dealt with. Archives seem to be down, so
> searching now isn't possible.)
>
> Does Corfam cause clicking sounds?

Yes. That's what it does for a living.

>Both hammer butt and catcher
> surfaces are rock hard.

Context clue. Hard surfaces on interfacing parts click.

If the grommets were hard enough that you determined they needed
changing, they likely did. That doesn't mean you have to do the Corfam
replacement for free. Clicks can and do come from more than one possible
source. When someone shows up in the ER with appendicitis and a broken
leg, it's not a fix one and go sort of thing. There's nothing in the
laws of the universe preventing two or more things being wrong at the
same time.

Ron N