[pianotech] MOE for sugar pine versus sitka spruce

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Feb 24 10:22:50 MST 2011

Hi Nick:

I'm trying to understand this too.  Do these MOE values mean that Sugar Pine
is about 75.8% as stiff as Sitka Spruce?  If one were to substitute a sugar
pine rib for a sitka spruce one, how would one go about calculating sizing
the  sugar pine rib to accommodate the same loading as a sitka spruce rib of
given dimensions?

Will Truitt