[pianotech] CA pinblock with tigh plate bushings

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 14 19:52:17 MST 2011

It was made in 1953. It has no back posts; a full peripheral plate; great
scale; the weirdest Schwander action you'll ever see; two-tone natural
wood, (Circassian Walnut/English Walnut), Two Pedals; was intended to sit
directly on the floor w/o casters; great tone.....yada, yada!<G> I suspect
it spent the better part of it's life in an English Pub. (I purchased it
from a man from Morcombe Bay, England). That was his story. The Cheek
Blocks and the keys had cigarette burns up/down an octave..at least. It
stunk to high heaven, when I got it, but I've taken care of that issue.<G>
What's not to like????
Now, I've answered your 'question'. How about answering mine?

Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I

difference I can percieve in this procedure is that you don't have to
"tilt" a grand and you'd darn well better take the action out and lay in
some plastic sheeting, etc. to protect the key bed, etc. Not understanding
that one Keith.