[pianotech] power issue in PianoDisc system

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:15:39 MST 2011

Going tomorrow to look at a 2-3 year old PianoDisc system that is not
powering up. No LEDs on at the control panel, or the powered unit
underneath, so I'm thinking it might be a fuse somewhere. That, or maybe a
power supply gone bad. I'm not that knowledgeable about the PianoDisc system
(or other players, for that matter). I looked at it a couple months ago, but
didn't have a volt-meter to track down anything. All the connections were
good -- that's about all I could check then. I figure if I begin at the wall
outlet, I can measure for power at the components in the chain and figure
out something. And maybe call PianoDisc from the customer's house if
necessary.

Anything common I should look for?

What size and type fuses do they normally require? (I'll be going past a
local Radio Shack to get fuses. Didn't want to buy one of each if they're
all 5A or less. The piano is located 20 minutes from anywhere, so it would
be helpful to know of anything like fuses or other electrical things I might
need. I'll call PianoDisc tomorrow if nobody knows--just thought someone
here might.)

Thanks in advance.

--
JF