[pianotech] Schomacker pianos

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:48:59 MDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
My wife and I were in an ice cream shop today, and the owner mentioned to me that he as a Wanimaker piano which was made by the Schomacker company of Philadelphia, Wanamaker bought Schomacker.  He mentioned to us that he couldn't find anywhere inside the piano where the "insides" were made. I'm assuming he meant the action.  Did Schomacker make their own grand piano actoins even after Wanamaker bought them, or were their actions made by another manufacturer?  Thanks
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com