[pianotech] C3

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:47:43 MDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Wesley Hardman
<hardmanwesley84 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Wim,   I mistakenly called the wrong model on the Yamaha grand.  It is a G3
> instead of a C3.  It probably doesn't make any difference.
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> Wesley
>
>   On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM, <tnrwim at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Wes
>>
>> I would recommend a new set of bass strings. You can get them from Yamaha.
>> But a word of caution. Before removing the old one, make sure the new set
>> you get are correct.
>> Not all C3 scales are the same.
>>
>> I had this happen to me about 25 years ago.  A customer's cat did his
>> thing on the bass strings on his new Yamaha. After I get the new strings, I
>> took off the old ones, assuming the news ones were
>> correct. Long story short, it took three more sets before I had the right
>> ones. It took about 6 weeks to get it right. The customer, obviously, was
>> not very happy, and although Yamaha paid for the
>> strings and the installation, admitting the mistake, the customer blamed
>> me.
>> Wim

It makes a great deal of difference the G3 & C3 are different scales as well
as models differ in size, many things.

Mike
--

I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404