[pianotech] Action Cradle Legs Loose

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Aug 25 10:45:53 MDT 2011

Funny this question came in today... last evening I submitted a contribution
to TT&T about action cradles.

The action cradle I use the most is an older style which has compression
connector fittings. The fittings screw into the clamp block, and the conduit
legs are held in quite securely by the compression fitting. I just leave
mine in all the time. I would imagine you could tap out the current hole for
the 1/2" conduit or not, in order to retrofit compression connectors. If
not, you could either drive a 1/2" dowel into the leg to prevent the set
screw from being able to flatten the conduit, and/or drill a little dimple
into the conduit for the set screw to settle into.

I also put a washer on the stud between the wingnut and the clamping
block... makes it much much easier to tighten it down securely without
pliers.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN