[pianotech] CA Glue

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 15:52:51 MDT 2011

Paul,
I've found that there are no deleterious effects in regards to using the same pinblock for a re-pin or re-string. If anything, it'll be the only hole that needs to be reamed!<G>
I am a proponent of the use of CA glue for certain applications, just as I am a staunch advocate of the use of Hide Glue. However, all such concoctions MUST be used with discretion and a thought to several things: 1. Reversibility 2.Longevity 3.Serviceability. That's three that come to mind, at the moment. I'm sure there are others.
Regards,
Joe