[pianotech] pitch raises

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Aug 8 20:56:13 MDT 2011

Les,

My approach is much like Deans.  Give it what it needs at the first visit to
get it to pitch and in tune, charge accordingly and schedule the next
appointment for "not more than 6 months" if possible.  For in home tuning
service, I don't find my tunings significantly less stable after a large
pitch raise.  Less stable, yes, but hardly worth writing home about.  Most
"home users" don't typically ask for more.  Concerts/studios are different
game in my little corner.

William R. Monroe