[pianotech] OT - Higher Logic's recent update

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Mon Aug 8 18:25:47 MDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:
> On 8/5/2011 8:19 AM, Phil Bondi wrote:
>> 2. Attaching photos to email and expecting it to appear on the forum
>> appears to be low on their priority list.
>
> Low priority for them? Who's paying for this? Them or us?

Standard software development practice. Can't make a living on only
one customer. So you fix bugs and add features in a manner you deem
most profitable.

Speed does seem to have improved.

I like the new URL addressing scheme better than the old one,
particularly getting rid of the PTG/PTG in every address. I thought
this might invalidate the Google references, but they seem to be
mapping the old addresses to the new ones, so kudos to HL for handling
that properly.

Jim