[pianotech] Damper Felt

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 06:47:47 MDT 2011

At 17:04 -0700 21/04/2011, David Love wrote:

>Is that not the Hamburg felt from Renner?  You can get precut sets
>for Steinway models from Renner USA as well, I believe.

Could well be -- I get them from Baumgärtel -- but wherever they come
from it's certainly not made by Renner because Renner don't make
felt.  My guess is that Steinway have them made in Japan or China
because the German and the French felts are not of that quality and
both the English makers, Whitehead and Naish, are long defunct.

JD