[pianotech] Strange shenanigans

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:07:50 MDT 2011

One very strange thing has happened. One of the churches I've tuned at for
the past 8-10 years received a letter purportedly from me. It stated that I
was resigning from piano work.

The letter had my name and contact information at the top of the page, like
a letterhead. Unfortunately, the church secretary no longer has the letter.
It might have been helpful to see it.

In the letter, there was no other technician recommendation -- just my
"resignation."

Weird, huh?

Several years ago, I had a few of my customers ask me if I was still in
business. They had heard a rumor that I had gone out of business. Perhaps
it's the same local tooner spreading rumors in an attempt to steal some
business away.

Probably time to send out postcards just to let folks know I'm still
around…haven't mailed a postcard in 2-3 years since work has been fairly
steady.

Thankfully, I had recently tuned the church music director's personal piano.
After the church got the letter, she called to verify. Glad I didn't lose
that account. Wonder how many other letters might have been sent out.

It's a jungle out there.

John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain MS