[pianotech] tool question

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:27:08 MDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
I went to service one of my customers who owns a Gulbransen spinet piano.  one of the dampers in the bass e flat first octave just won't dampen unless I lift the bass sustain, guessing it's a spoon because a. the damper acts fine witn the pedal is depressed, and b. when I lift the key, the damper doesn't lift.  I took my finger and flicked the damper and it appears to have spring tension.  So m y question is this are there more than two types of spoon benders or are there only two out there?  I have one that connects to the combination handle and another that has it's own handle all one piece flatter design.  Do you guys have a easier way to get at the spoon in a spinet?  Thanks
Marshall
Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com