[pianotech] "cracking" the unisons

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Apr 13 20:22:59 MDT 2011

David,

Refining the temperament does not sound right.

It sounds like you are still tuning to an equal temperament, however, tuning like "honky tonk" except not that extreme.

I almost got a steady church tuning once, accept the organist explained it to me this way. With the unisons in "perfect"
unison, the piano does not have that "expanded" sound or "ring" to it.

When I tried to listen as she played, the best I can relate to it as the unisons being out of unison by just enough to
start a very slight rolling wave.

Needless to say, she kept their regular tuner:-( :-[

My 2 cents,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years