[pianotech] Breaking bass string

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sun Apr 10 16:29:34 MDT 2011

Over the past 5 to 7 decades there have been quite a few pianos built with
speaking lengths at C-88 between 52 and 54 mm. Quite a few of the Japanese
pianos have come with C-88 speaking lengths of 55 and 56 mm. Aside from
those pianos using excessively dense and massive hammers there hasn't been a
lot of string breakage.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.515.0119 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com