[pianotech] Melting on plastic elbows

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Sep 27 10:43:36 MDT 2010

Rev,
 Someone on list recently suggested using miniature ignition pliers. I had a vintage pair from my late fathers collection but they are still available new. When you're lucky the remnants will crumble but sometimes they can be more tenacious. Nibble away with whatever tool works . Holding the sides of the whippen with a set of parallel pliers can prevent breakage if necessary.
Tom D.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLN1k6l6igXOOqWdygeo9n2dGdA8_IeByKG1EUKMiKm3HBcwY&t=1&usg=__V9rxX1NdCly2L9_g2Ym41EQlw0U=

  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Melting on plastic elbows

  I am replacing a set of old plastic elbows and have found that the end with the bushing that connects to the whippen will break off and still be attached to the whippen.  How does one break that plastic flange to get it off so the new one can be installed?

  Joy!

  Elwood

  Rev. Elwood Doss, Jr., M. Mus. Ed., RPT