[pianotech] Steinway brass plate

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sat Sep 25 13:50:49 MDT 2010

You can replace it with felt if you wish but the brass bearing bar works better. I've been replacing the original felt with brass half-rounds or half-ovals for some 30-odd years and have found no reason to go back.

I agree with Ron. Polish it and move on.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
620 South Tower Avenue