[pianotech] Grand practice rail

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Sep 23 22:31:52 MDT 2010

I recently installed QRS's stop rail kit.  I had no training other
than the directions, which are being rewritten. so it took me much
longer than expected.  It works, though, and the customer is happy.
Only very small letoff adjustments were needed.

The new Story & Clark pianos come with the record strip and MIDI
output pre-installed, so with the stop rail you can connect the output
to a PC and listen via headphones.  I installed a sound module in the
piano instead.

Edwards makes acoustic foam; pianofortesupply.com has acoustically
insulating caster cups for grands.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM