[pianotech] Melting on plastic elbows

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Thu Sep 23 21:37:18 MDT 2010

List,
    I can't remember who passed on the tip (Maybe Jon Page?)
Instead of screwing on the replacement elbows I applied a few seconds of heat from a propane bottle torch to the wire then pushed on the new plastic
elbow  holding  it in place for a two count. Very fast and easier in the hands.
Why didn't I know this back in the 70's when old Betsy was visiting the shop  every month or so ?
I did have the exhaust fan over the bench going as the melting plastic smelled somewhat evil.
Tom D.

http://www.tomdriscollpianoservice.com/

http://www.tomdriscollpianoservice.com/tools.html