[pianotech] Tuning stability problem

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:32:08 MDT 2010

Hi Lim,
If the piano were maintained at one pitch -- A-440, A-441, or A-442 -- your
stability would greatly improve. If you're cranking it back & forth on a
regular basis you ought to inform the management that there will be the need
for three tunings: a pitch raise & tuning on the day before, a tuning on the
day of the event, and a pitch lowering following the event. The raise &
lower should be as stable and exact as you can manage -- then the concert
day tuning won't be a horrid headache ( as it sounds like it may be).
Good luck!
Patrick Draine