[pianotech] Voicing fluid

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 17:17:54 MDT 2010

Yes it will work to dilute the original solution with it and it is most common as it flashes off quickly.  Using to get it out of the hammer is in my opinion largely a waste of time.  If the solution is very mild and only near the crown then acetone can be used to wash the solution deeper into the hammer and reduce some of the bite-iness.  Followed with some needle strokes or.... in many cases ....a hammer transplant. Personally I find hammer washing efforts negligible in term of affecting much change.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom piano restoration
Ronsen piano hammers-sales