[pianotech] Winter Tires

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:18:55 MDT 2010

I've been offline a few days, my wife decided I needed to rearrange my
office (downsize the mess to a managable pile).

For those of you with vehicles that still have a 15" wheel, Scion XB for
example.

For the last 2 winters I have sailed through our Wisconsin winters in my XB
using a little known snow tire, it's called Winterforce made by Firestone
but not listed as a Firestone brand but rather as a line unto itself.

Various dealers carry them, Tires Plus for one, Tire Rack online.

My mechanic suggested them to me with a caveat, when snow season is over,
remove them, they are a soft tire & will wear out quickly on dry roads.

Mike
--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

    Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service