[pianotech] Blocking Problem

Roger Gable roger at gablepiano.com
Sun Sep 19 17:17:14 MDT 2010

Blocking ProblemFloyd,
Check the placement of the let-off rail. If too close (forward) toward the fulcrum of the jack, this anomaly can occur. If this is a low cost (cheap) vertical with a thin let-off rail, it could be bending enough on a heavy blow to delay the let-off. Also, try lubricating the butt leather.
Roger Gable