[pianotech] Yer Wheels

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Sep 17 18:57:41 MDT 2010

  Haven't tried on a Fit, but my Prius has room to spare, because of
good configuration. Folding split seats, a hatchback, a removable
curtain which can hide the cargo area, and a kind of round roly-poly
shape, so that the width at seat level is wider than it looks when you
just glance at the car.

I was surprised when I got the Prius that a ordinary (not concert) grand
action and keys will fit sideways into the car, on the back seat, with
about 1/2" to spare so the door can close. The Prius actually has a few
more inches of width than the Corolla wagon, which seemed to be a bigger
car. If one needs just a little more room, it can be had by putting the
action up on something a few inches high, to clear the arm rests.

Susan Kline