[pianotech] Going by feel...was Harpsichord Tuning Pin Torque

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 16 23:17:30 MDT 2010

Ron said:
Nope, any more than I measure piano tuning pin torque with rebuilds.
Feel is a plenty good enough measurement for feel related processes, for
me. Do you measure key bushing fit, or go by feel? How about buying shoes?

Ron,
Point taken. All in all, I'm kinda sorry I asked the question.<G> Kinda went around in circles on this one, fer sur. Back to the original plan "A"- - - drill and test, drill and test.....<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police