[pianotech] Spinet dowels

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 16 11:37:45 MDT 2010

Richard: I don't exactly recall the sticker system on Chickering spinets,
but on most spinets you do have to disconnect each one, and then tie them
all to the hammer rail before removing the action. I use a long rod that
holds them all in place. I usally have to remove all the keys as well to
have adequate room to pull the action. Not a complicated job, but tedious.
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
530-265-1983