[pianotech] Tenor bass strings

Albert Picknell pnrfqsnrk at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 14 10:30:10 MDT 2010

Thank you for this, John.

I'm curious as to how you whip both ends of a bass string.  I can think of two possibilities:

1. The whipping goes on the outside at the finish end.  If so, I imagine there must be something you need to do to keep it from rattling or buzzing.

2. You whip the finish end with a separate piece of copper wire before winding the string, and then just wind over it when you get there.

Or do you do something else?

Thanks,
Bert