[pianotech] strings

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 05:30:51 MDT 2010

Marshall:

If no strings are broken (or have broken and been replaced in the past),
probably no strings will break during tuning. You could bring one string of
each C or A up to pitch to see.

As far as the bichords being dead, I have had great success in livening
wound strings by lowering their pitch an octave and banging the key hard a
few times before bring them back up to pitch. The strings will drop in pitch
some and should be left high in preparation for fine tuning, and then
re-tuned in a week or so.

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.