[pianotech] string breakage, snap crackle pop lol

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 19:08:28 MDT 2010

Hi Steve, Roger and anyone else who responded. thanks so much.  I am of the theory too that a better piano will better suit these folks.  The person with the old upright Harrington is the mother of my customer who owns a new Pramberger she purchased from a local college.  She only lives a block away, so why couldn't this little guy come over there to his aunts hosue and practice on the pramberger and play with his cousins too.

I did mention to her mother that even if I did tune this piano , it would definitely sound like a tuned tone dead piano in the bass especially, dead dead dead in the single wound strings.

So I think I'm going to adivse them that I can help them find a decent inexpensive piano some how and they should put him on the Pramberger until they do find something.  To me tuning is one thing but I look at the entire piano even after it's tuned. Bad still is bad even if the bad is tuned :-)  Have a great night
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com