[pianotech] Bleaching ivories

Roger Gable roger at gablepiano.com
Sun Sep 12 18:51:06 MDT 2010

Rick, et al,
Our long time technician Bill Smith demonstrated years ago at a chapter
meeting, a method I've used with good success without the risk of warpage.
Soak a paper towel with Clairoxide -- a product used by hairdressers to
bleach hair -- and place the towel on top of the keys while exposed to the
sun. In two days (changing the towels periodically) the result is sufficient
for most yellowed keyboards.
Roger Gable