[pianotech] Tenor bass strings

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 11 12:18:52 MDT 2010

Lim:
	I can't tell you what the technical reasons are, but I once attended a
string class at a convention where it was explained.  It makes them sound
better with the added mass at the end of the winding.  I'll leave the real
explanation to someone else who knows what they are talking about.  Lower
inharmonicity?  Not sure.  I believe the class instructor was Paul Jansen,
Sr.  I remember asking how he came to add that feature.  His answer was
sort of, it just made sense to do it.  I guess that's what goes on in the
mind of a genius.  I ain't one.
	Or, maybe it's just a way to make sure the end of the wire doesn't
unravel.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego