[pianotech] Field hammer shank replacement

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 10:45:08 MDT 2010

David:

That is a full and detailed answer. Much appreciated. I have yet to find
the drywall screw solution to be effective in the majority of cases, and
almost  always cut the shank flush and drill it out.

The angle of the hammer bore can be duplicated on the tail of the hammer
and followed by eye to get it relatively close. There is always a tiny bit of
 slop in the drilling job, and this allows for more precision when gluing
up. You  can also clamp the hammer either to a neighbor or between neighbors
while the  glue sets up.

Paul

In a message dated 9/11/2010 4:33:51 A.M. Central Daylight Time,