[pianotech] Protocol needed for PCV-E used with molded keytops

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:33:38 MDT 2010

Dear list - I need some help on a writing project I'm working on for the
Schaff Website. I'm revising my recent Journal article on keytop replacement
to the format that I use for Schaff, and would like to include a section on
the use of PCV-E glue in applying molded keytops with fronts. The trouble
is, as you know from the previous debate on this topic, this is not the
method I use, and would not be one I would be comfortable trying to explain.

What I am looking for is someone who could describe their protocol in gluing
molded keytops with fronts, and who could supply somewhere from 6 - 12
pictures of the process to use in the article. I would credit you on the
title page as a co-author, plus mention your name again in the text of the
article where your pictures were used. In addition, I would happy to turn
over my photo fee for the article to you.

Obviously, this would be best coming from someone who does quite a bit of
keytop replacement and has the procedure down pat, and also who has a
current project in the shop that they could take close-up photos of. If you
would be interested, please contact me privately at >behmpiano at gmail.com<
and I'll fill you in with more specifics.

Thanks a bunch.  Chuck Behm