[pianotech] perception of tuning. was Re: question about a klavanova.

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 20:11:10 MDT 2010

Wim, it seems you just lost a customer there. Is there a reason the two notes didn't work? The way I see it, you might as have fixed them AND charge accordingly. You probably would have kept the customer.

Marcel Carey

Marcel

I tried very hard to go back out there to fix the problem, which was tight centers. I might have even offered to do the work for free, I can't remember. I'm not positive, but as I said, I think he thought "tuning" the piano meant fixing the keys that didn't work, not making the piano sound right. Since not all of the keys were fixed, he was convinced I couldn't do the work. Quite honestly, I didn't care if I kept that customer, or not.

Wim