[pianotech] Tunning opinion poll

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Sat Sep 4 22:38:49 MDT 2010

If I'm tuning a modern piano that I see once a year, plus or minus, then
definitely equal temperament. A mild historical temperament can sound
good to my ear with certain pieces to add a subtle flavor - as in a
concert situation. But mostly well temperaments draw my attention to the
tuning and the music gets upstaged.

Tom Cole