[pianotech] question about epoxy

perrys piano restorations perrymark at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:25:37 MDT 2010

Hello Marshall.....

If I am understanding this correctly, you wish to apply the epoxy to the fallboard right?  If that is the case, you may fill in the hole with any epoxy that takes at least 20 minutes to cure.  The epoxy should be a 1-to-1 mix so that it is strong, as opposed to a 2-1 mix which is for hard coatings.  The longer cure time allows the epoxy to soak into the wood.  This will insure the ultimate bond to the fallboard.

I hope this was helpful.  p.s. you should be able to find epoxy at lowes that has more open time than the typical 5min. epoxy.

God Bless,
Mark Perry
www.carvedpianoparts.com