[pianotech] question about epoxy

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 19:30:15 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,
I have a question about epoxy.  Today I was trying to get a fall board/key cover on this Gulbransen.  I wanted to include the pic. of this part I took with my phone in the e-mali itselt.  It's attached.  the part I'm referring to is this metal bracket.  It has two screw holes and a pin on one end.  The pin goes into a hole on the left and right edge of teh fall board while the two screw holes of course screw into the inner side of the right and left side of the piano.  When I insert the pin in the hole and try to screw in the bracket, the pin always pops out and the key cover is misaliged.  So what I'm wondering is this. What kind of epoxy can I use to fill that hole so that the pin will stay on thus keeping the bracket attached to the fall board with out falling to the floor when I insert one side and popping out once I have the one side screw in?  The picture is of that bracket.  Is this type of epoxy goign to be available ata a hardware store?  Thanks everyone. I hope I described it well enough.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com