[pianotech] Cracked Ivory Heads

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 1 14:27:38 MDT 2010

Ken said: "Joe,
Yes, I have heard of Acrylikey and knew it was available to repair chips in keytops. If you figure the cost to repair at $100.00 per key, it would be around $5,000.00 to repair the keys on this piano as almost all of them have fine cracks.

You hit the nail on the head about clean hands. And what is more interesting, this customer is in "Health Services". You would think they would be more conscious about cleanliness."

Ken,
I used to work in hospitals. Have you ever heard of Staph epidemics in hospitals? It's because a lot of the staff are a bunch of slobs! I know! (Even the Doctors!)
Next, "$100.00 per key,..."!!!! Why?!! I could do a whole set in 4 hours! At my rates that would be $300.00 plus, materials cost &
 pick up and delivery costs. Haven't a clue where you came up with that figure!!
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police