[pianotech] gimmick terms

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Sep 1 12:25:37 MDT 2010

  On 9/1/2010 12:35 PM, Paul Mulik wrote:
> I tuned an awful old Kimball vertical the other day.  It was badly out
> of tune, and a quick look at the stickers inside the lid told me why:
> they had apparently neglected to process the back of this one with
> their Exclusive Mezzo-Thermoneal Stabilizer.
>
> Paul Mulik

Thereby insuring surpassed tonal stability. At the time these keyboarded
artifacts were being sold, I wondered how the Mezzo-Thermoneal
Stabilizer marketing fit the fact that the artifacts themselves went out
of tune farther, faster, and for more years than anything else out
there, including the marvelous(y) non-MTS'd American Craftsman made
artifacts from Aeolian, Grand, Stark, Poole, Gulbransen, and a few
others the years have mercifully erased from memory.
Ron N