[pianotech] Fw: Fw: Fw: Steinway duplex scale

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Sep 1 08:14:48 MDT 2010

James
  Actually I saw this last month.  The reason they were doing this is any bodys guess. The plate casting says minerature on it I believe. I can only think that this was a manufacturing expedient.  It certainly is a faster stringing job with out trying to pin down the goofy looking aliquots/duplexes.  We lave them alone.
  Btw.... The rib scale on the early O's was only ten and later ones 11.  I'll take 11 ever time for the treble support.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom piano restoration
Ronsen piano hammers