[pianotech] Regulation sequence

Joyce Meekins joycemeekins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:08:23 MDT 2010

Mitch-
As part of my early training, each day would end with Wendell Eaton handing
me a "messed up" action model.  It was key in developing a comprehensive
view of how things are interrelated.  When I returned the next morning, in
addition to a well-regulated model, I would be returning with a better
understanding.  You don't need another tech to "mess" it up for you, a
friend or spouse can easily turn some screws (turn them several times) or
add/remove punchings, etc.  A check list  is still useful, but it can't
substitute for a comprehensive understanding of the action.
Joyce Meekins